Machine Learning Research Group
The University of Oxford
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER INTERN
Jul. 2016 - Sep. 2016
- Used a variety of machine learning techniques during my internship within the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance, working on a project to detect mosquito presence, species, and gender from audio recordings.
- Developed a fully-featured python package to act as a test-bed for detection algorithms, aimed for a public open source release. This has improved my skills in coding for a long term project where the code will be further used and worked on by others.
- Planned and carried out a series of microphone tests, resulting in a large batch of microphones being purchased and used to capturefurther biological recordings.
- Built upon this work within my fourth year university project, recieving a mark of 83 on final grading.
- Feedback from supervisors placed me in the top 5% of students who have worked with the Oxford-Man institute, confirming my ability to carry out high value work in this sector.